Whether you’re a parent, a grandparent or simply someone who enjoys displaying photos, you can bet that your walls and refrigerator are chock full of memories. As you take more photos, you’ll soon realize that you’re quickly running out of room. Besides placing another frame on the wall, there are many different and creative ways to display your photos.
From customized photo blankets, to magnets, to custom zipper pulls, there’s something for everyone. If you’re a do-it-yourself type of person, there are ways to create photo displays with your own hands.
Customizable Home Goods
You would love nothing more than to curl up at the end of the day with a nice glass of iced tea and a warm blanket. What could be better than displaying your child’s photo on a blanket to ease your mind and comfort after a long day. You can find several different websites that offer tools for creating your own home goods and décor with your own photographs.
If a blanket isn’t your style, there are other options such as mugs and drinkware, mouse pads and even pillows. All of these items can be customized to fit your home perfectly as well as your heart with a photo of one – or two – that you love.
Magnets and More
Going for the orange juice in the morning would pair well with seeing your child’s smiling face on the fridge. You can create photo fridge magnets using simple photos with magnetic tape placed on the back or you can custom order one. For added flair, you can create your own wooden frame. If you would prefer not to do it yourself, there are companies that will create these items for you from magnets to zipper pulls for your jackets.
Your zipper can become a traveling photo album with a perfect photo in place of an otherwise boring zipper. If you’re looking for something as special as this; that is both unique and an easy zipper for kids, Uber Buttons is a company that specializes in zipper pulls, customized as you wish. Take your children’s photos with you wherever you go with these unique and creative displays.
For the Complete DIY’er
If you’re crafty, there are hundreds of unique ways to display your child’s photo. Here are just a few great examples:
- Take old clipboards, add photo hooks to the back and hang. Creating a gallery wall that is easy to change as your children grow.
- Grab an old window or door and place your photos in the glass panes. It creates a unique photo frame far from the standard frame.
- Transfer your photo onto a piece of wood using glue and a few other supplies.
- Use ceramic tiles and modge podge to create useful coasters for your living room.
- If you’re adventurous, take a photo and edit it into black and white. Have it blown up to a larger size and placed it as a mural on your wall. This can create a unique art piece for your home.
- Grab some old glass bottles, roll your photo into the bottle and spread it back out. You now have a photo in a bottle to display within your home.
All of these ideas are simply starting points. Use your imagination and creativity to create an amazing display for all of those precious photos. As you can see, whether it is a blanket, a unique zipper pull or even an old window, you are sure to find the perfect display for your lifestyle, your home and of course your precious memories.