If you were to research the different prices for limousines, you may be shocked at just how much difference there is between them. It is easy to find a limousine service that offers you a $70 fee, but just as easy to find one that would charge $500. So how is it possible that there is such a huge discrepancy between the different limousines services? There are actually a number of factors at play.
What Determines the Price of a Limousine Service
- The type of occasion you want the limo form will determine some of the price. For instance, a wedding limo will be more expensive than an airport one, because it has to be decorated exclusively. Prom limos are more expensive than business trips, for that very same reason. When you rent a limo for a special event such as a wedding, prom, Sweet 16, funeral, or any other such occasion, it is likely that you will opt for certain option extras, and these drive the price up.
- The make and model of the limo are also highly determining factors. Older models tend to be a lot more affordable, unless they are vintage models or other collectibles. If you want to look flash in the latest limousine, then you can expect to pay some serious money for it. This is why the make and model of the limousine is very important.
- Next, there is the size of the limo. Normal limousines have average prices, but huge stretch limos will cost a lot more. There are many different types of limos and it is important that you choose the right one for your needs. Do you really need a stretch limo that sits 24 people all to yourself, or will a Lincoln Town Car be sufficient?
- Your geographical location also matters. Different states, and even cities, charge different prices. It can be quite complex to work this out, however. Usually, where demand is higher, prices are lower. However, where demand is higher, demand for more unusual and luxurious vehicles is often also higher, driving the price upwards.
- Last but not least, there are the optional extras. Most limousine services offer a number of additional services that you can choose from. This includes a bar, specific drinks, a DVD and TV system, satellite phone, wireless services, photography, and more. Each of these services has to be paid for individually, although most limo companies do offer packages. The more extensive your package, and the more optional extras that you include in it, you more you will pay as well.
Clearly, there are reasons for the discrepancies between prices. It properly illustrates why it is so important that you know exactly why you want to rent a limousine before you actually rent one. Once you know what you are looking for, you can start comparing the different services that operate in your area in order to choose the right one for you. Remember that you shouldn’t search for the one with the lowest price, but rather for the one with the best value for money.